Saturday, November 2, 2013

Christmas Craft Show A Success (and a Bunch of Tutorials!)

This Christmas Craft Show is finally behind me!  I can't believe how I left making everything to the last minute, but I was able to fill my booth.  Here are some pictures;

Snowman Head Ornies, hand stitched and sewed.

Button Garland. These were a great seller. I used light weight wire and strung on two white, then one coloured button.  I didn't have as many coloured buttons on hand, so using more white stretched them out more:)

Large Homespun Candy Canes and a cabinet with chicken wire in the door.  I  had bought this cabinet from a garage sale and it had ugly fabric in the door. So I took it out and replaced it with 1/2" hole chicken wire. It sold fairly quickly, which I'm glad about, because I still have tiny scratches all over my hand from working with the chicken  wire!

Skate Wreath. Everyone loved this, but it didn't sell.

Winter Fixins.  To make these, I used little gingerbread men ornies. You can find the tutorial here. Then I added star anise, some pine cones, cloves, cinnamon sticks and rose hips.  I live in Alberta, which is known as "Wild Rose Country".  We have wild roses growing EVERYWHERE! So, the boys and I went out and picked some rose hips.  I cut the poky things growing out the bottom, put them on a cookie sheet, sprinkled scented oil on them and baked them at 170 deg for about 2 hours, stirring every so often. Then I left them out for 3 days to finish drying.

Homespun Candy Canes.  I got this idea from Eyeballs by Day, Crafts by Night and it can found here.  These were a big seller.

I made this star out of vintage wooden rulers, then added a pip berry wreath.  I also got this idea from Eyeballs by Day, Crafts by Night.  It sold right away! I wish I could find more old rulers, but to be honest these are the only 5 I found in a couple of months looking.

Rebekah made these Gifts in a Jar.  We didn't sell any:(  But she is going to use some for here music teachers and we might hit another market in a couple of weeks.

Finally, a Star Tree Topper.  I made these by spray painting an old bobbin brown, then I glued on a metal barn star.  I also nailed it on with a very small nail through a hole that was in the barn star.

Here is the back view of the tree topper.

There you have it! All the rest of my tutorials in a nutshell.  I hope you all enjoyed it!
God bless.

This post is linked up to; WhipperBerry Funky Junk Interiors Be Different Act Normal Nifty Thrifty Things The Dedicated House Raising Arrows

5 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas crafts! This is the 1st time I've visited your blog and it was so much fun. I'm signing up for your posts. Thank you so much for all the wonderful ideas. I'm looking forward to your future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog..Thanks to pinterest. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crystal. I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I just started checking out blogs a few month ago and yours was one of the first. I just love your whole blog and everything that you share. Because of yours and a few others, I decided to get into blogging myself. From everything I've heard, people in blogland are just amazing people. I'm looking forward to making new friends and learning new things. Take care, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete