Friday, September 23, 2016

July

July was actually a fairly quiet month for us.  All of our company left after the first week and we worked at VBS at our church for a week.  Jacob also attended soccer camp for a week in the evenings.  I really liked that camp because they served a delicious supper to all the families every night! Bonus, no cooking.

We did get a chance to pick some sour cherries at a local farm. It was 50/50 picking. Which means the farm keeps have of what we pick and we keep the other half for free. We managed to pick 6 ice cream buckets in about an hour.

Rebekah and Ben picking.



I canned 16 pints of cherry pie filling. Larry loves his cherry cheesecake!

Larry and Jacob worked on a small project one day too.  They built a little front deck on the house.



I didn't get a picture of the finished project, but it turned out really great.

July wasn't the funnest time for the kids and I. Our house ended up getting very invaded by bats while Larry was out of town for 5 days.  We knew we had lots of bats in the attic and they could make their way into the house and we were trying to fix the problem. But it seemed we actually made it worse.  We ended up running out of the house in our pajamas at 5:30 am and slept in a hotel until Larry made it home.  We think we have all their entry points sealed now.  They have migrated for the winter. But, we will see next May when they return to have their babies in our attic if they can get back in.  I have a feeling they will find a way, but hopefully not.

So, that was our July. Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal, I had to laugh about your bat story with the visual of everyone running out of the house in their pajamas at 5:30 a.m. That would have been quite a sight! Not fun for you though. These things always seem to happen when husbands aren't around lol!! We think we were getting bats in our attic too this summer but it hasn't been checked out yet. My husband is fairly sure though. Those cherries look delicious, I especially like the idea of the cheesecake part. Lucky Larry!

    I hope you enjoy your weekend, thanks for dropping in on my blog. We are very fortunate to have all this water around us, I have lived in this area (various spots) for 28 years now and just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal, I had to laugh about your bat story with the visual of everyone running out of the house in their pajamas at 5:30 a.m. That would have been quite a sight! Not fun for you though. These things always seem to happen when husbands aren't around lol!! We think we were getting bats in our attic too this summer but it hasn't been checked out yet. My husband is fairly sure though. Those cherries look delicious, I especially like the idea of the cheesecake part. Lucky Larry!

    I hope you enjoy your weekend, thanks for dropping in on my blog. We are very fortunate to have all this water around us, I have lived in this area (various spots) for 28 years now and just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even tho you say you guys had a fairly quiet month, it looks like you were pretty busy. Your "quiet" is everyone else's "busy". I sure hope that is the end of the bat problem. Maybe study bats in school and make bat homes for them. It would be a good education for everyone. They must keep the mosquitoes down so good to have around but not in your home. I haven't heard of 50/50 before. What a great idea! and I haven't seen sour cherries in years. It seems like every home years ago had a sour cherry tree but somewhere along the way they disappeared. I hope I get to taste one of your cherry cheesecakes, one day. YumYum

    ReplyDelete