Thursday, March 17, 2016

Twine and Lace Eggs

I have made a few sets of these spring eggs this past week and I  really like the way they turned out.


I used the cheap plastic Easter eggs to make them. Before I wrapped them in twine, I glued the eggs shut and spray painted them brown in case of little gaps in the twine.  I'd hate to see bright pink shining through.


When they were ready, I started out the twine by gluing the beginning of the twine to the top of the egg.  I let it dry so that the twine was secured. Then I was able to start wrapping the twine around the egg, gluing as I went.

Once it was wrapped, I added the embellishments, such as lace, buttons, raffia and lace flowers.  I always find a way to use a brown paper tag.  I think they are so cute on things.  For these eggs, I stamped the word "JOY" on them.


Here they are ready for market.


Thanks for stopping by,

Crystal




This post is linked up to:
Frugal Mommas Friday Linkup
Share it One More Time Inspiration Party
Vintage Charm
Welcome Home Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative Crystal. These eggs are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I have never seen any like these. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple and attractive, Crystal! Thanks so much for sharing your Easter project with us at Vintage Charm :)

    ReplyDelete