Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall Decor and Desserts

I took advantage of the freezing cold weather we had last week and decorated for fall.  I actually had an ulterior motive though, I was having the annual Homeschool Mom's Fall Kick Off Dessert Night at my house.  I like to have this event here, because it forces me to get up my decorations and get the house clean from some summer neglect.

For the dessert night, I made a few Trim Healthy Mama desserts, but I wasn't entirely in love with any of them.  I also made Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins (very similar to Tim Horton's from a few years ago) with candied pumpkin seeds on top and ginger snap cookies.  These are both my favorite, so I enjoyed them for breakfast the next morning.


You can find the recipe for the muffins here.  I changed it a bit and added the candied pumpkin seeds on top. To make these, I mixed 1 beaten egg white with 3 Tbsp sugar and 1/2c raw pumpkin seeds. I spread it out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Then baked them at 350 for about 15 minutes, stirring once. Then let them cool completely and they will be able to be broken apart.

Here are just a few pictures of our fall decorations.

I love the picture Rebekah painted up on the wall of the coffee pot that is on the fireplace when she was 8 or 9.





God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Love your autumn decorations Crystal. Wish I was there to enjoy them. Hopefully you will have fall weather before winter actually sets in.

    ReplyDelete