Monday, April 14, 2014

Shrimp & Spinach Spaghetti Squash

I love all these new recipes I'm trying, thanks to Trim Healthy Mama.  This Shrimp & Spinach Spaghetti Squash I cooked up the other night was so good.  My kids even liked it.  Here's how you make it;



Ingredients;

1/3 c butter, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c raw shrimp
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 small tomato, diced
3 c fresh spinach leaves
salt and pepper
3 c cooked and shredded spaghetti squash
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1/4 c feta cheese, crumbled

Melt 2 Tbsp butter in big skillet. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook on low heat for a couple of minutes. Add lemon juice and tomatoes. Add the rest of the butter, spinach, salt and pepper and basil. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Stir in the spaghetti squash and cooked until warm. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve. Makes 2 servings.

I used our last spaghetti squash from last year to make this.  It makes me excited to put our garden in, but we can't until the end of May here. Everything in it's season.

No comments:

Post a Comment