Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Low Carb Stuffed Crust Pizza

I have found on this new healthy way I have been eating (THM), that I don't really like the choices for pizza crust. I make pizza quite often and have been trying various forms of crust, such as, cauliflower crust and sourdough crust. Both of those are not my favorite. I made the kids pepperoni pizza yesterday for lunch and a wonderful thought came to me.

What if I use two of my low carb tortillas as a crust? And better yet, what if I put grated mozzarella cheese in between the layers to make a "stuffed crust" pizza?  Well, it turned out fabulous! I used Mama Lupe's Low Carb tortillas. I buy them from Low Carb Canada and they only have 3 grams of carbs per tortilla.

I made myself a pepperoni pizza and I really enjoyed it. It was nice and quick too.


I have one more crust recipe I will try in the future. It has cream cheese, cheese, cream and an egg in it. Sounds good, I just don't always have cream cheese on hand.  I'll let you know how it turns out when I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment