Saturday, March 29, 2014

Crustless Low Carb Pizza

I decided to make pizza for the family tonight for supper and realized I didn't have any low carb crust options for myself handy. I remembered a pin from Pinterest that just showed melted cheese with peperoni on top and I decided to give that a try. I made mine a bit different though.  I put about 3/4 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese in a non stick skillet and baked it at 350 until it was melted and covered the bottom. Then I put pizza sauce on top of the cheese and loaded it with toppings. I put mushrooms, a little bit of onions, diced red pepper and turkey peperoni. Then I broiled it for a few minutes.  It was seriously so good. It was my favorite low carb (Trim Healthy Mama) pizza option by far.

This is the pizza before I broiled it. I was too hungry when it was done to take another picture!

After I took it out of the oven, I stuck it in the fridge for a couple of minutes to let it firm up a bit and then I was able to get it on my plate. I ate it with a knife and fork and it was filling.

Yummy!

This post is linked up to Hope in Every Season

4 comments:

  1. This is a must try. It must have tasted really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. It had all the flavours of pizza, but way healthier!

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog, love that I did!

    This will be on my to make list, my hubby is gluten free and our local grocery stopped selling gf pizza crust! The toppings are the best part anyway!

    ReplyDelete