Thursday, February 27, 2014

Another AMAZING Birthday!

This past weekend I had a hard birthday for me to come to terms with.  I don't know why I have such trouble with the number 40, but I do.  Almost all my friends are over that age and I think they're  young and vibrant, but for me, I just feel old.  Now that it's over, I don't really think about it anymore though and life goes on as usual.

Even though I had a hard time getting a little older, I still had a totally awesome birthday.  The night before my birthday, I was laying on the couch, checking out Trim Healthy Mama recipes on Pinterest, when I heard weird breathing behind me. I turned around to see the most glorious sight, my mom, brother and nephew!  They drove 14 hours to come and celebrate my BIG  birthday with me.  I just screamed when I saw them, which really hurt my throat, because of all the cheering I had been doing for the Olympics the past 2 weeks.

They only were able to stay 2 nights, leaving the 2nd morning, but we had a wonderful visit.  My family had planned on going to a family restaurant that Larry and I used to eat at before we had kids and I haven't been there since for my birthday supper, so we all went.  A lot changes in 15 years. The whole chicken breast on my salad was now only 4 skinny strips and the banana cream pie didn't come with tons of real whipped cream anymore and the prices basically doubled!  You can tell we don't eat at a lot of restaurants. We had a blast though and I really did enjoy the food.

It was sad to see them go, but we had a really nice visit while they were here and my little nephew and boys got to get to know each other better.  He and Jacob are only 2 weeks apart.

Here are some pictures;

The boys having fun outside.  It was COLD!

The night before my birthday Rebekah made me a hazelnut chocolate Trim Healthy Mama cake.  I am making a wish.

Me, before we left for supper.

Larry and I at the restaurant.

All of us at the restaurant.

My 3 kids. I love how it looks like Ben's head is growing out of Jacob's shoulder.

My brother, mom and me.

Jacob and my mom.

2 comments:

  1. The long drive to see your face when you seen us was worth every second in that car. It was wonderful to see Larry so excited about bringing you home a present that would give you so much joy. And the kids were real troopers, waiting in huge anticipation for the big moment and not letting the secret out. It was a birthday that will be imprinted in my mind forever. Wonderful happy times. See 40 isn't that bad now is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys made 40 incredible!!!!! I can't believe the kids kept the secret all that time either!
      Love you!

      Delete