Saturday, October 13, 2012

Finally... The Move

Well, I don't really even know where to pick up, other than where I left off... God is good! He orchestrated this move so great for us.  We were able to buy a 53' trailer from an auction to use to move, my mom came to help for 2 weeks, and we would not have been able to get half of what we got done with out her.  We were able to move in to our new place 1 week early, because it was empty and the financing had all gone through.
 
 
The trailer pulled up to our old house getting loaded up.
 
My mom taking a break to go for a ride with Ben on his dune buggy.


I love the picture below. It is of my whole family sleeping in the family room of our old house on our last night there. We wanted the upper floor completely cleaned out, so we moved the mattresses downstairs. It's funny because that is where we all slept the first night we moved in 6 1/2 years ago.
 
God really had his hand in this move. We sold privately within 2 weeks and bought privately. We found out that the bank was going to pull out of our deal to buy our new house at the last minute because it looked "fishy". We were all using the same lawyer, because we thought it would be easier and the banks don't like private sales. But our mortgage broker, whom we have known for over 20 years, went to bat for us and got the bank to stick to the deal! Praise the Lord! 
 
Here are some interior pictures of our new house. I'll post some of the outside and more of the inside once it is somewhat set up.

 
 
Me, in our kitchen. It is so much bigger than it looks.
 
Our family room
 
The dining room - don't you love the mattress? I don't, but I do love the hard wood floors.

Thank you for taking time to peek at our new place.

1 comment:

  1. I am so GLAD that the move is finally over! Now just for the unpacking part.
    God bless,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete