Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daniel Boone Unit Study Week 6 - Part 2

Now that we are "on the road" in our unit study, we need to have a hunter's pouch, so we started making one. I used 2 pieces of 8x11 tan coloured wool felt sewn together end to end. Then we folded up the bottom and down the top.
These are the supplies I wanted to use; leather strap, deer antler buttons, shoe laces for sewing and big yarn needles. BUT, we couldn't get the big yarn needles and shoe laces through the felt, so we used brown cross stitch thread.

I cut the bottom and top edges so that they were rounded and had the kids sew the bottom pieces together with a running stitch.


Only Rebekah finished hers that day. She didn't want to put any fringe on, so I hope the boys want to because that would look nice.

When she was done sewing the bottom together, she cut a small slit in the top flap for the button and put a pen mark through the hole to know where to sew the button. Then I tied a knot at both ends of the strap and had her sew around the strap just above the knots on the inside of her bag to secure it in place. It's a little bit of a dark picture, but when the boys are finished, I will get a better picture of all of them.






"Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me."

Revelation 3:20




No comments:

Post a Comment