Sunday, June 27, 2010

Be Careful What You Say to Little Ones


Well, I am sad to say I didn't find anything wonderful at the auction. But the kids were great the whole day. That Suburban came in handy. They played games, ate and rested all in the back.

I am spending my days weeding my pumpkin patches and my garden. I am also getting ready for the biggest Farmer's Market I will be in. Ponoka has a huge stampede next week and they have a Stampede Farmer's Market. About 70,000 people go to the Stampede, so I'm hoping to have an awesome sale!

 I am finishing up another apron, I made some apricot chutney to sell along side of my rhubarb chutney and I'm hoping to have some cookie sheet message boards finished tonight. If I do, I will post pictures.

I really have nothing to exciting to post, so I will share a conversation I had with my 3 year old, Jacob. He told me he was growing because his tummy was full of food and that will make him grow. (He is in the picture showing me his stomach another time.) I said to him, "Oh no, you can't grow." and he said "Why?" I answered, "Because you won't be my little Jacob anymore." Jacob looked thoughtful for a moment and replied, "I won't eat anymore." I shouldn't say things like that to him, because he likes to please so much. But I told him, "Sweety, you have to eat so that you can grow and be big and strong like Daddy. Then you will be my big Jacob." He is still eating, but I have to be careful what I say because he is so thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment